Birthstone Jewelry :: A New Love

I have always imagined birthstone jewelry to be boring, with simple stones on a fine chain or earring post to signify the month of birth.  Well, my creativity was put to the test one day when J. approached me to create a necklace for her mother, using birthstones for herself, her baby girl and her mother. 

For any jewelry artist, it is always the greatest blessing to have lots of room to work one's creativity and J. was wonderful in giving me that.  We finally decided on a focal cluster weaving in golden and champagne citrines, royal purple and pink amethyst and hot pink topaz and the cluster thins away with the same gemstones sprinkled throughout the rest of the necklace.

+

W. recently got me to create a simple, sophisticated petite pair of earrings for her friend who was born in July.  Using the traditional (onyx) and modern birthstones (ruby) with some accent stones, the result was a surprising pop of colors:

+

Comments

Popular Posts